Tuesday, May 02, 2006

MY NEW FRIEND AND HIS MOLE!

This new friend of mine is queer in many ways. Though he has a humble and prince-like disposition, he is quite humble. DDSA is his acronym. I want him to remain as my mystery friend. Though we've only met, I found his traits most fascinating. He has a quick mind yet he could not stay focus for a long time. His attention span is rather short. Wonder how he does his job?

DDSA turned 45 last Saturday and he celebrated it with all his rich and famous friends including his circle of royalty friends. Now you know why he should remain anonymous. We are worlds apart. I would never be able to fit into his life. He may not talk about his socialite friends as often but I know he is in that circle. His affluent lifestyle makes me want to abstain from dwelling into him.

I choose my friends and most of my friends are like me. I prefer them down-to-earth, jovial, simple and warm. DDSA has all these qualities and more. He lives in comfort. From stories that I hear of him, I know he is a man of fine character.

I prefer writing about him than talking to him. DDSA is a true blue Taurus. And I know Taureans like the back of my palm. My late father was a Taurean. Like other Taureans, DDSA thinks he knows the most, loves good things in life, is a loyal friend and has great generosity.

This handsome looking chap has a notable Taurean characteristics - a picture of calmness, charming in every way and is a pleasant company. But I believe he has a volcanic temper that would erupt when sufficiently aroused. Somehow I just knew that.

Though still new in the friendship, I could sense his stubborn streak just like a raging bull's nature which is incredibly opinionated and decisive. His friend, WN, would not dare to vouch for this. For DDSA, when something has been decided, its embedded in stone and nobody can alter it. Taureans are said to treat their love as their sacred possessions. I've not had the privilege to venture into this private zone. Asked him once and he denied it. I think I just burst his ego by asking him that.

DDSA claimed he can hold a tune and loves music. I have yet to hear how good his vocals are but judging by his artistic fingers, I think he is gifted with a natural artistic nature. And I think I know why he likes to express himself through singing because he has a tendency to hide his true feelings. His dogmatic qualities especially when he is persistent, pushy, thorough and single-minded can drive anyone crazy. Wonder how WN lived through this.

But WN is full of praise for DDSA. He thinks the world of him though I see it often that this young bull is constantly bullying WN. The patient and ever so cool WN has no complains.
"He is a real friend. Humble to a point that you would not think that he is what he is. We've been friends for a long time. And we've passed the test many times," said WN.

I would have dismissed DDSA as an arrogant chap the first time I met him. I suppose he is just shy. Underneath that humble, kind and soft-spoken exterior is a man with a facade. I accidentally chanced upon his black mole on his right palm one day and I told him that I know the meaning of moles like reading tea leaves.

Well, the black mole means something. But what? he asked. I had the pleasure of leaving him doing the guessing game. He begged for an answer. Its killing him to know what the mole means, knowing how persistent and pushy he is. It would cost him sleepless night he said. I pitied him so I presented the meaning in a riddle form, through an abstract poem, both in English and Malay.

He had no inclination what I was talking about. He was clueless. As if to console himself, he had to tell me that a Malay bomoh once forecast that he could make good use of his hand by helping people. Which is exactly what he is doing now being in the medical profession. Well, my prediction is rather different. I think he would turn gold anything he lay his hands on be it business. Whatever he chose to do, he would excel and shine.

Once I sms him wanting to know something in his office. He replied asking who I was. I knew straight away he had not saved my number. I felt slightly embarassed and irked even after he had apologised profusely blaming on the way the number was saved. I knew it was just an excuse. Ah, well. As I said to him many times before..."nothing hurts me anymore." The pain that I went through in life has made me numb. He should know that, afterall he is an Anaesthetisiologist.

He is MOST popular among his friends. His friends called him incessantly regardless where he is. He has the patience to chat with them even though he has people with him. Oblivious to what was going on around him, DDSA would still carry on his conversation. Now, I wonder if he just loves talking.

Despite his popularity, I don't think I can ever reach out to him because we are in different world. He is in a class of his own, in a different league. Though I enjoy teasing him with my repartees some friendship are just not meant to be. A man of fine class and distinction like him would never be at home with someone like me. I am just a poor woman in rags and close to penniless. Even in another life, I would never be able to be anywhere near his class. Well, as they say, birds with same feathers flocked together. And I shall add this, ONLY birds with same feathers fly together.

My friend has this endearing character which I find so fascinating. He loves to nag and nag until the cows come home. Its not an acquired skill because he is born with this trait like most Taureanst. He could repeat the same story four times without feeling guilty about it. No, its not boring or offensive, just amusing. And because of that, I shall call him

Create your own at MyNiceSpace.com
from now on!