Thursday, October 11, 2012

MY LOVER IS COMING TO TOWN



You broke the news
Of an everlasting home
Alas my happiness is complete
Our love will meet
At my simple paradise

As I create all things new
I want this happiness to last
And I choose my garment so bright
For the news have arrived
My lover is coming

But first, let me tell you
What pleasures that I seek for
What glories that spell heavenly
For you and for me, all at once
The words and the pictures

And when I see your face
Like a gallant man
claiming his domain
I will try and stand before my new King
With a light heart
bursting with joy and pride
As you tell them the story of us
Far and long
Short but sweet!

So do not stop loving me now
As I described these words here
In which I hope we shall finally meet
As I reach my arms at your feet
Very lovingly and tenderly